Total area: 9.0 hectares
Grapes: Cabernet Sauvignon 4.5 hectares, Cabernet Franc 2,5 hectares, Syrah 1 hectare, Viognier and Vermentino 1 hectare.
Training system: density 6,900 vines / hectare, unilateral spurred cordon. All the vines come from a specialized nursery in France. There are 5 different Cabernet Sauvignon clones, which allows us to optimize aromas and complexity.
Terroir: the soil consists of a mixture of sand, crushed stone and clay, partly of alluvial origin, carried by the water courses down from the hills, partly left by the ebbs of the sea. The territory was formerly marshy (the Maremma), which explains the considerable variations in the mineral composition of the soil (patchy) in the plain. The climate is of warm days tempered by winds from the sea and hills, and cool nights, which create a special microclimate, ideal for Cabernets.
- The operations in the vineyard are almost all done by hand
- The management follows the principles of “culture raisonnée” with interventions only according to need and not automatically for prevention, that is, with the utmost respect for nature.
- Throughout the year we practice careful management of the foliar apparatus according to the climatic conditions to optimize ripening, green harvesting to keep productivity low and aromas and flavors to the maximum.
- Manual harvest in September / October.
- Average production: about 55,000 bottles a year, or about one bottle per plant